Ever notice how celebrities always have perfect teeth? Well, they weren’t born with them. Celebrities, models, and public figures suffer from the same dental issues as the rest of us. Yellowing, crooked, and broken teeth are common problems faced by all. The difference is cosmetic dentistry. Cosmetic dentistry includes all elective procedures aimed at improving the appearance of the smile and teeth.
Types of Cosmetic Dental Procedures
Before you look for a cosmetic dentist in Los Angeles, it’s a good idea to familiarize yourself with the procedures they offer. Following are some of the most popular cosmetic procedures:
• Teeth Whitening – Perhaps one of the most popular procedures, teeth whitening involves a chemical process that uses bleach to remove stains and discoloration from the teeth.
• Invisalign Treatment – This treatment straightens crooked teeth, but, unlike braces, this treatment is completely invisible. During this process, your dentist will supply you with a series of custom made aligners that you will wear until your treatment is complete.
• Porcelain Veneers – Veneers are custom shells that cover the front and sides of your teeth. Veneers are used when teeth are chipped, worn, stained, poorly shaped, and slightly crooked.
• Enamel Shaping and Contouring – This procedure involves removing or carving away parts of the dental enamel to improve the appearance of your teeth. This procedure is an option in cases of crooked or overlapping teeth, chipped teeth, and bite issues.
• Dental Implants – Implants are used to replace missing teeth. The procedure involves fusing metal to the jawbone and affixing a crown to the implanted metal to create a natural-looking tooth.
Cosmetic dental procedures can dramatically improve the appearance of your teeth and smile. If you dream of a celebrity smile, let the best cosmetic dentist in Los Angeles help you realize it. At Bedford Dental Group we provide the best in cosmetic dentistry. Our experienced staff is committed to helping you acquire the smile you’ve always wanted. To schedule an appointment, contact us at 310.278.0600.